What to Pack
Link to a packing list for your week:
What to Bring to KEEP Cambria and KEEP Ocean
Download a packing list for your week:
What to Bring to KEEP
Clothing & Equipment
The importance of proper clothing cannot be stressed enough. Students will
spend most of their waking hours outdoors. The weather will be different than
what you experience at home. The weather is unpredictable on the coast and it
is important that you follow the clothing list to ensure a comfortable week.
Parents, please review the clothing and equipment list in detail. Be sure to
stress the importance of proper clothing to your children.
- Dressing in layers allows for better insulation and comfort.
- Proper footwear is a must. Each student should bring one pair of comfortable
shoes (not new ones that need to be broken in) for hiking and at least one
more pair to wear around the campus. Students must wear closed toed shoes (not sandals) when they arrive on Monday ready to hike.
- A warm sleeping bag is also essential. Do not bring a "slumber party"
bag, but a sturdy camping-type sleeping bag.
- Students should label all clothing and equipment that they bring to ensure
that they return with everything they brought.
- New clothes are impossible to keep clean at camp. Please bring only those clothes and shoes that you are comfortable getting muddy. We can guarantee that they will!
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING: swimsuits, shorts, scary books, knives, radios, cell phones, electronic games, music players, matches, blow dryers, make-up, anything scented (hair spray, lotion, perfume), candy, gum, extra food or any other item that is not allowed at school.
Engineering for this site provided by The office of Christine Lizardi Frazier. Technical questions should be directed to the KCSOS Web Team. Information on low-cost hosting and website design services, featuring Manila, for schools and non-profit organizations is available here. Report problems with this page here.
Copyright ©2015, Kern County Superintendent of Schools 1300 17th Street - CITY CENTRE, Bakersfield, CA 93301-4533 (661) 636-4000
Last update: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 1:52:48 PM
Copyright 2015 newkeep